Thursday, August 7, 2008

Taco Soup

I got this recipe off the internet after I tasted some that a coworker made. It was so good, I couldn’t wait to get the recipe from her... So I googled away and quickly found a version that sounded similar to hers. I made it for the family that weekend and it was an instant hit (even with my mom who doesn’t eat many vegetables).

I hope you enjoy it as much as we have!

Ingredients:
2 lbs. ground meat
1 can whole kernel corn
1 (small) can Mexi-Corn
1 can Mexican Stewed Tomatoes
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can Rotel tomatoes (we use the “original” ones but any would work)
3 cans of beans (I used one each of Black Beans, Pinto Beans, and Kidney Beans)
1 envelope of Taco Seasoning
1 envelope of Ranch Dressing Mix

Directions:
Season Ground Meat (I use a little chili powder, black pepper, and salt) and brown (sometimes I cut an onion up to add a little flavor to the meat... it isn’t really needed though). Once the meat is browned drain the grease.

Return the meat to the pot and dump in all of the remaining ingredients. Add about 2 cans (I use a bean can) of water... Mix well and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and let simmer for an hour to an hour and a half, stirring occasionally.

You can put everything into the crock-pot on the low setting for about 6 hours.

Serve:
Top with any Taco Toppings you like... Our Favorites are Sour Cream and Cheese.
Don’t forget the Tortilla Chips!!

*Note this recipe also freezes well*

1 comment:

Christie said...

We eat this quite often at our house, I LOVE the soupy part and I have started doubling the taco mix and ranch mix to give the "soup" more flavor. Thanks for commenting on my not-me, it is fun and very theraputic!